At Strategic Allies Limited (“SAL”) we want everyone who works with us, or receives a service from us, to feel confident about how we use and protect any personal information that you share with us. This privacy notice sets out how we collect, use and store your personal information – this means any information that could personally identify you (“Personal Data”).
Who are we
SAL is a company incorporated in England & Wales (Company number 05660067) with registered address: 90A High Street, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, HP4 2BL, UK. Our website is http//:www.strategicallies.co.uk (the "Website").
We are a “data controller” for the purposes of the Data Protection Action 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). This means that we are responsible for, and control the processing of your personal information.
In order to provide our services to you and to promote our business, we will need to collect and process certain personal information about you.
If you have any questions at all about this policy or the Website, or about how we use and process your personal information, please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or, alternatively, in writing to the address above.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our service to you.
Types of Data Collected
We collect personal data through a variety of different methods, including:
- Direct engagement: We may receive your data when you fill out forms on our site, or through communicating with us by post, phone, email.
- Technology engagement: We may automatically collect technical data when you access our website or on-line services. See the Analytics section below for further information
- Third parties or publicly available sources: We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources including:
- Technical data from Analytics providers (e.g. Google based outside the EU), advertising networks (e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc.), search information providers (e.g. Google)
- Contact, financial, and transaction data from technical, payment and delivery services such as Orbis.
- Identity and contact data from publicly available sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU
Use of Data
SAL is a technology search consultancy providing services to clients and engaging with technology providers to find solutions. Collected data is used for various purposes:
- To provide technology search services to our clients.
- To advertise and search for technology solutions
- To notify you about changes to our services
- To allow you to use any current or future on-line services we may provide
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our services.
- To monitor the usage of our Website and other technology platforms that may be provided, “Usage Data”.
- We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under GDPR
SAL may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
Keeping Data up to Date
It is important that the personal data we keep is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date. If, at any time, your personal information changes please inform us using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retention of Data
SAL will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Data
We may need to transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA), for example, if one of our suppliers or group companies is located outside the EEA. We will ensure that any transfer of your data will be subject to appropriate safeguards, such as a European Commission approved contract (if appropriate) that will ensure you have appropriate remedies in the unlikely event of a security breach.
Disclosure of DataLegal Requirements
SAL may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of SAL
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the services provided
- To protect the personal safety of users of the services or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
Your Personal Data is processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the Personal Data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures. We restrict access to your data to those within SAL, and to third parties, that have a legitimate business need to access.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so in no more than 72 hours.
Under certain circumstances, by law, you have the right to:
- Request access to a copy of the personal data we hold about you, along with information on what Personal Data we use, why we use it, who we share it with and how long we keep it for.
- Withdraw your consent for us to use your Personal Data (e.g. marketing) at any time.
- Request us to change or complete any inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data held about you.
- Request the deletion of your Personal Data if you have withdrawn consent or where we have no lawful basis for keeping it.
- Request that we restrict the Personal Data we use about you where you have asked for it to be erased or where you have objected to the use of it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, or if you want to discuss with us any aspect of our privacy practices or make a complaint, please send an email to email@example.com.
Should you be unable to resolve a matter with us you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office at https://ico.org.uk.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our services (“Service Providers”), to provide the services on our behalf, to perform service-related activities or to assist us in analysing how our service is used. Data processing agreements will be put in place with third parties to enforce correct usage and protection of data.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our website or other technology platforms.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of the SAL website. You can opt-out of having made your activity available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our services are not applicable to those under the age of 18 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that data