Pilot as a Service (PaaS)
A large majority of awesome open innovation findings, remains unexplored. It’s a pity! With Pilot as a service we help you bring proof to the table how to capture the untapped opportunity in your open innovation findings in ways that contribute to the future success of your company in three steps; Understand, Design & Deliver. We do this with more than 15 years of experience in bringing innovation to market using Design thinking & Lean start-up.
Your open innovation search was successful - now what?
You found awesome innovation companies and startups in your open innovation search, exactly what the business requested, now what?
There are two obvious options to choose between Difficult or Nothing:
• Pick up the internal discussion to capture the opportunity in the found innovations - Difficult
• Present what has been found, collect the feedback, wait and see what happens - Nothing
Now there is a third option; Pilot as a service, that brings - Proof
• Pilot as a service demonstrate ways to capture the untapped opportunity in your open innovation findings and deliver valuable Proof
Pilot as a service
With Pilot as a service we help you bring proof to the table how to capture the untapped opportunity in your open innovation findings in ways that contribute to the future success of your company in three steps; Understand, Design & Deliver. We do this with more than 15 years of experience in bringing innovation to market using Design thinking & Lean start-up.
1. Understand - both sides
First we take time to understand your company's specific situation and strategic goals, as well as the capabilities of your open innovation findings. This way we can define the most promising win-win opportunity and key success criteria.
2. Design - Pilots
With key customers in focus, clear problem statements and strategic goals, we Design Pilots and Business models that will prove the strategic contribution to your company! Designed theory ready for pilots.
3. Deliver - Proof
With live interviews and testing of prototype products, services and the business model we gather in depth insights and proof how to best reach the defined goals. We bring all this together into live demonstrations and presentations that deliver proof and concrete proposals for next steps for your and your key stakeholders.
We bring you tailor-made proof and proposals on next steps how your open innovation findings can bring valuable contributions to the future of your company
Pilot as a service is delivered to you in collaboration with Innovation Catalyzer; known to say ‘it is no miracle, but persistent curiosity, creativity and hard work’. We know it is fueled by engaging, positive personality and know-how from more than 15 years of experience in breakthrough innovation in corporates and startups.
Together with Innovation Catalyzer, we look forward to pilot your open innovation findings!
A few examples past achievements:
Liquid (IV) module for ioT mankin, Laerdal Medical
• Challenge: How to realistically simulate liquid IV in an ioT Manikin full of electronics?
• Understand: In depth interviews with hospital personnel proved that liquid injections given very fast or extremely slow, always in precise volumes and correct labelling is essential for survival of the patient (and needs perfect simulation in the manikin)
• Design: Iteratively simulating experiments together with hospital personnel using standard IV equipment, water and different tech tags.
• Deliver: The customer appreciation and technical feasibility proven in tests led to World patented tech solution with oscillating volume meter inside the manikin with RF-ID tags, was finalized in development by tech partner and implemented by Laerdal into SimMan to help hospital emergency units around the world to improve their training and increase survival rates of emergency patients.
OneBlade - a shaver for men that ‘stopped’ shaving, Philips Male Grooming
• Challenge: Men don’t shave (as often or at all) anymore - what shaving tools should we sell them?
• Understand: Home visits and interviews revealed that men with stubble and beard use a multitude of shaving tools about once every week or fortnight… of which none was tailored to the task at hand.
• Design: Iterative testing with prototypes of new technology that shaves any beard length, close enough to look clean, fast enough to manage the beard and without need for any other tool or foam to be convenient.
• Deliver: Consumer quotes, videos and data plus input to tech development for Industrialization team to finalize the development of the world patented OneBlade technology as well as input to Marketing on distribution targets and communication (based on habits and quotes of users). First electric shaver on blade aisle brought to market with advocacy campaign delivering complete new business to Philips Male Grooming.
Digital engagement platform on healthy food for Philips Kitchen appliances
• Challenge: Enter the world of digital services for Philips Health Tech via Kitchen appliance business unit
• Understand: Interviews with different audience segments to understand what prevents them from cooking healthy tasty meals every day.
• Design: Iterative experiments with prototypes with engaging cooking advice, practical tips and user experiences with support of food bloggers.
• Deliver: Definition of minimum viable version of healthy food platform and step by step roadmap. Internal team set up (transformation including training in agile way of working) plus tech supplier requirement and briefing with kick off workshop to set up the base and first versions of the engagement platform in record speed and quality.
We have a summary pdf that outlines our approach here.