SAL is recruiting
We are seeking an experienced technology scout, or a fast learning aspirational one, to join our experienced team.
Job Outline – Technology Scout / Opportunity Researcher
At Strategic Allies Ltd, we have tremendous experience in the global search for innovative technologies, solutions, products, strategic alliances and other new business generating opportunities for our clients’ new product development (NPD) processes.
Embracing all aspects of Open Innovation and often looking for opportunities in places our mainly manufacturing clients don’t even know exist, we also understand the importance of confidentiality and the sensitivity required to introduce the right opportunities in what can often be disguised or complex situations. Together with our network of personally known facilitators, we have developed an energetic and tenacious approach to technology, alliance and acquisition scouting valued by our blue chip clients across a wide spectrum of industries and countries.
A position has become available for a new team member who will be responsible for understanding our clients’ needs and researching/finding appropriate opportunities/solutions for them from existing and new international sources. The role presents the ideal opportunity to experience the world of “innovation” and to see how in practice this operates in the world’s largest multinationals.
Essential requirements include:
• Demonstrable interest in technology, business, marketing & manufacturing.
• VERY good communication skills i.e. the ability to understand, interpret and communicate complex requirements and solutions to senior level clients.
• Social media awareness & financial analysis experience would be valuable.
• Some experience of original market research & presentational skills
• Interest in the application of new technologies into the NPD process
• A self-starter happy to work alone but equally comfortable working in a team
• Ideally based within easy access of Berkhamsted but negotiable.
• A degree qualification, preferably in a science/business or engineering subject but other outstanding graduates/post graduates and candidates considered.
• Should be Inquisitive / tenacious / organised / patient.
Normal day-to-day work will involve finding innovative opportunities for companies using networking and collaboration tools in addition to desk-based research tools plus:
• Assisting in the definition and written specification of a client’s requirements
• Initiating the search for opportunities for all our clients
• Researching possible opportunities and coordinating international responses
• Assessing the applicability of the opportunity to client’s need
• Presentation of opportunity to client – written and face-to-face
• Assisting client further assess opportunities
• General administration duties surrounding the office environment.
This is an opportunity to become a valued member of a small but professional company focussed on growth in a dynamic environment where trust and practical results are fundamental but in an environment where we also enjoy working together. Hands-on training will be given in the specialist skills of the job.
Please send CV and covering email to email@example.com